Pomegranate is an ideal fruit recommended by doctors due to its healthy properties. It is a useful fruit in maintaining effective and healthy blood circulation. Doctors recommend eating the fruit to regain strength after a long illness.
In history, pomegranates have been used to reduce inflammation, clear up the skin as well as treatment of sore throat. Additionally, the fruit is a great cure for heart-related problems, cancer, osteoarthritis, diabetes, anemia and stomach disorders.
Read also : Pomegranate gaining polarity in Kenya
The product can be consumed as a syrup, paste, eating the seeds, nectar or as a concentrate. Pomegranate syrups are used in treating damaged cartilages as well as protect babies from brain damage incurred during birth.
- Reduce Heart Problems – Consumption of pomegranate fruits maintains a good flow of blood. As such, it decreases the risk of heart attack and stroke. Additionally, as an antioxidant, it keeps bad cholesterol from accumulating which clears arteries of any clot. Pomegranates make the blood thinner, hence the reduced clot in arteries
- Cure Stomach Disorders – Stomach problems such as diarrhea and bloating can be taken care of by consuming pomegranate peel, bark, and leaves. Drinking tea made from the fruit’s leaves helps cure digestive problems and disorders.
- Dental Care – Pomegranates contain antibacterial and antiviral properties that help reduce dental plaque. Also, these properties are ideal in reducing oral diseases.
- Prevent Cancer – Flavonoids is an antioxidant found in pomegranate and has been known to effectively counteract various cancer-causing free radicals. It has been proven that this property helps fight against existing cancer cells in the body. As such, people who are prone to prostate and breast cancer are usually advised to consume more pomegranate juice.
- Treat Anemia – Iron found in the fruit is ideal in reducing anemia symptoms. Additionally, consuming pomegranates lead to a healthy flow of blood in the body. Some of the common anemia symptoms include weakness, hearing loss, exhaustion, and dizziness.
- Prevention of Osteoarthritis – Some of the illnesses that are reduced through the consumption of pomegranate include atherosclerosis and osteoarthritis. Some of the damages that are caused by the hardening and thickening of the arterial walls in the cartilage and joints are also cured through the consumption of the fruit. Additionally, pomegranate plays a critical role in the prevention of enzymes that lead to the breaking down of connective tissues in the body.
- Control Diabetes – Drinking pomegranate juice recuses the risk of such diseases as a coronary disease in diabetic patients.
Eating the fruit also reduces having premature babies and avoids low birth weight in infants. Also, it is a great fruit that reduces the chances of developing Alzheimer’s disease in the older generation. The fruit is ideal in controlling aging problems such as wrinkles.